Monday, April 27, 2009

MISSION: PABLO

Pablo ready for action.

We are ALL in spiritual commando mode.

THIS IS THE DAY WE'VE ALL BEEN PRACTICING FOR. TODAY IS MISSION: PABLO. AND THERE'S NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE ABOUT IT!

Random scenes from our home this morning:

• Grady is staying home from school today to be with us at CHLA. Jimmy is dropping him here soon.

• Dean and Pablo are playing cops n robbers. They are laughing and jumping around. It sounds like the best, most perfect pop song ever. I don't want it to end. And I want it to keep playing over and over and over. Pablo's laughter creates a magical tri-tone melody.

• I just woke up from a post-breakfast nap. My body demanded that I return to bed. I know why: it's going to be a long, long day. That said, woke up this morning almost entirely pain-free. It's miraculous. I got out of bed all by myself. Going to get acupuncture from Allison at 12:45, so that I am in the best possible shape for our 2:15p CHLA arrival time.

• Jo Ann's mom Patricia is helping keep everything moving and everyone motivated. She is an expert at this.

One last thing:

A few minutes ago, Jo Ann put her face in her hands. She was looking at her computer. It was one of those moments (all too frequent around here) where I couldn't tell if she was laughing or crying. So I asked her. She was crying. She was reading an email from her friend Tina Carter—an old, old friend who was at one time Jo Ann's assistant. In the email, Tina recounted a scene from 1996 when Evan Bernard, one of Jo Ann's directors, had thrown an extreme request at Jo Ann.

Here's what Tina said:

You may not remember this but when I was your grumbling assistant there was this time when Evan asked for us to find him a blimp...as in a Goodyear Blimp to shoot something...I think the budget was about $3k and I was scoffing as usual and you were like, 'Just try...make the calls...etc.etc.' I'm paraphrasing...but basically you were like, 'Anything is possible! Don't be a lame quitter!' And for some weird reason this has stayed with me for years. It always reminds me of the hope I have that all the mundane tasks add up to something bigger and better...as surely they do. So thanks for that small gift of wisdom from a long time ago and all the wisdom and strength now. LOVE Tina

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you guys today & concentrating on everything being clear& in good health.

Love,
The Kastners

alexandra Wintersteller said...

I did yoga last nigh,t and this morning and my intention was to just see white light around Pablo - I visualized him being comfortable, I saw him laughing, I saw him running, I saw him happy. I will keep these visions with me all day and everyday.
I send my blessings to all of you
love
alex and sasha

Anonymous said...

I've been carrying a note in my pocket all day that says "Healthy lungs for Pablo! NO CANCER!!!"

bvjblog said...

Pablo we are all with you, you are in loving, caring hands, and you are just fine. Strength and Love to you and your family.

with Love from the Vent family

janet landau said...

EVERYONE WHO KOWS OR KNOWS ABOUT PABLO IS 100% FOCUSED ON AN OUTCOME OF ONLY GOOD.....CLEAR.......PERFECT THINGS.
MAY G-D BLESS AND WATCH OVER YOU TODAY.
Janet and family

Anonymous said...

Jeff, so glad your back is feeling better! Alison King really helped me after pushing the twins out into the world! We are sending clean, bright vibes to Pablo!!

XX,

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Tina is right, you are wise and strong. Now take your own advice -- don't give up, there is a way. You are my idol, JoAnn. Thinking of of you and sending light and love. Clear visualization for Pablo's good health and cancer free body.
Peace.