Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Healing Circle

As I look back in my calendar, I remember having a very odd feeling in
March. I actually asked for a Healing Circle on the night of March
13th. That was exactly one week before Pablo's last round of chemo.
I had called Dr. M and asked for scans and told Jeff that I had a
feeling something was up... seriously, instinct - that's all. I spoke
to some of you about it, too. Dr. M explained in very logical terms
why a scan at that moment wouldn't change our course and convinced us
to wait. He was correct in his reasoning, we would be right where we
are now.

Since, that night on March 13th, my friend, Carrie, has been
diligently working on organizing a circle - before P's last round of
chemo, before his terrifying stint in the PICU and before his end of
treatment scans which yielded the news all pediatric cancer families
live in fear of. Well, could the timing be better? The Healing
Circle is tomorrow and we all plan to be there, including Pablo.

I am re-posting Carrie's letter below. We would love to see all of
you, and for those unable to be with us physically, you can join us
through prayer, thought, meditation, etc.

love,
Jo Ann


Hello Everyone,

There will be a Healing Circle for Pablo at The Awareness Center

This Thursday, April 30th, 1:00 pm

This Circle is for anyone and everyone who is feeling like doing
something for Jeff, Jo Ann, Grady and Pablo. This is an incredible way
to help and...Create A Miracle!

Intention: Exchange fears, doubts, and uncertainties for faith. Faith
can convert disease into health. There is a law of faith which has to
power to bring into life whatever we need. We are all in contact with
this power, we need to consciously use it now...for Pablo.

www.awarenesscenteryoga.org
2801 E. Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107

(626) 796-1567

11 comments:

Nora said...

I will be there in spirit, sending you all love and light. I never thought it possible to have so much affection for a stranger, but P is always in my thoughts. I'm so grateful to you, Jeff and Grady for sharing Pablo with those of us who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I live in NorCal, so I will be there in spirit, not in person. I've seen miracles happen before and I pray and hope I'll see a Pablo miracle.

Jenefer

Unknown said...

Hey JoAnn, as you know a lot of your friends will be together at Jazz Fest tomorrow. I will set my alarm for 3:00 NOLA time and we will be there with you in spirit. We love you.
Karen

The Hearnes said...

We're with you, Jeff, Grady and Pablo tomorrow in spirit, JoAnn. I'll let my extended family know as well. I truly believe in miracles.

I have a friend from high school, Ken Bendix, who was diagnosed with Mesothelioma to the peritoneum (terminal cancer with no known cure) way back in summer 2006... He's had surgery and has been through some of the most powerful chemotherapy. He started a clinical trial last October 2008 and is doing great; the clinical trial is preventing the cancer from growing or spreading.

We're hanging onto hope with you and we'll be there in spirit tomorrow at 1:00 pm.

Love and prayers,
Tish, Bob & family

Kerry Zeka said...

At 3:00pm Central time tomorrow, we will be lifting Pablo up in prayer. We believe, we believe, we believe....
Sicily and her mommy, Kerry

gretchen Drennan said...

Julie Ryan and I will be attending mass at St Patrick's church on Camp Street at noon tomorrow for our own healing circle, and invite anyone in New Orleans to join us.

Gretchen

Dawn: said...

I'll be holding all of you in my heart at that time. Wish I could be there in person. Love you.

Donna B Wilson said...

I will be with you in spirit at 4:00 Atlanta time. The girls pray for Pablo at school everyday. I'll tell them to spread the word to their friends.
Donna

Anonymous said...

here in toronto bill and I and everybody we meet will be screaming our love for pablo pablo pablo in our brains, like when you clap for the fairies in Peter Pan..
xxxooo sharon oreck bill pope and many mentally strong canadians...

christina said...

sending the healing & loving thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Brian will be there reppin' team kastner & we will be here sending love & light to you at the same time.

love,
laura