Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Day In Venice

We had a wonderful day in Venice. Great food. Great espresso with great crema. Great gelato. And we didn't get in a car all day. Our transport was bikes and water taxis and our feet.

Here's a sample of what we did today:


We went into this chiesa...
...with this view....
...and lit a candle in honor of our dear boy Pablo....
...prayed in front of this altar. Grady spoke to Pablo in his prayer. I spoke to the God of my understanding who looked a lot like the bearded dude in the movies, since we were in his Catholic house and all.

After all that, we jumped into a gondola, and got a 'side street' tour of the real Venice. We really enjoyed getting away from the tourist melee and seeing the real deal.

Grady skulked around all day, snapping pics of the amazing street art that's on virtually every wall in Venice. Some of it is part of the Venice Biennale This is an entire wall of Shepard Fairey work.

4 comments:

beth said...

something to check out when you get back
http://www.nhm.org/exhibitions/butterflies/

Lisa said...

Hi Jeff, JoAnne and Grady!
I have been reading your blogs and I must tell you that I am inspired by you all! I am so sorry for your loss of Pablo, he was a beautiful boy who had the smile of an angel. I admire your strength and determination and you really make us think about life in a different way. To enjoy life and to keep moving forward just as you are. It looks as though you are having a wonderful vacation and it makes me smile to know that you are spending some wonderful quality time together.
Thank you for sharing your story with the world and I look forward to reading more on your blog. I have just begun so I have a lot of reading to catch up on!
Be well, in my thoughts,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Hi I meant to post a few days ago, but I just wanted to let you know how much I admire what you are doing. I do know how hard it is to go on after you have lost someone, and to be full of tears and pain when you are in a "happy" place on vacation - but it is the right thing to do. It will help you reconnect as a family and begin the healing process.
That said the healing process is long and changes and circles around as you well know now. I can say that now four years out from losing our son I am really at peace. That sounds like a long time, but my peace gradually grew. Yours will too and you will have the blessing of being with Pablo, though he is not physically present and the joy of being reunited someday.
Blessings to you and your family.

Markera said...

Thank you for your informative blog and fancy picture. Feel like so crazy in Venice