Monday, June 2, 2008

Pablo Pics From Polly's Portfolio

Polly emailed me these pics from her days out with Pablo.

I am weeping as I write this. It scared Jo Ann. She thought some bad news came in on my computer. It wasn't bad news. Just these photos. A wall of emotion just flew up and shook me. I can't help it but weep. It feels good. Just in time for chemo day tomorrow.

To see Pablo happy, joyous and free–LOOK at him!–this is what we are fighting for when we talk about kicking the s*&^ out of this cancer. In a broader sense, this is what we fight for as parents–all of us, any of us–when we dream of having children. To protect them, to nurture them, to just be there with them, to let them be who they are, who they are becoming.

Anyway, here are the pics:


In the ball pit at Naya's Garden on Sunset Boulevard, our local indoor play land.

If you ever see that smile, you know it's Pablo.

At Polly and Pablo's secret picnic spot, behind the Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Hollyhock House (a/k/a Barnsdall Art Park) above Hollywood Boulevard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love. This. Boy!

dwmoff said...

Harry had a great time seeing Pablo today. He wanted me to say "Goodnight."

jeff said...

Pablo had a great time today with Harry. He wanted me to so say "Chihuahua FAAAAAAARTS!!!!!"