Friday, March 20, 2009

Hope

It is through a curtain of tears that I copy and paste the words that my friend, Tish, wrote last night.

“Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in Thee.”
Our beloved Thomas passed away today, the Feast Day of St. Joseph, at 4:33 p.m.. We were all by his side as he peacefully took his last breath. Thomas is our valiant hero; he fought with Hope in his heart until the very end.


My heart hurts. I don't understand. Last night, Jeff and I sat silently in our bed and wept. We each had our own separate experience receiving this heartbreaking news. The thing that makes any of this even slightly bearable is Thomas. As my friend Julie put it: "Thomas is definitely the angel sent to earth to be a messenger." As I've mentioned before, Thomas' unrelenting faith has altered me for good. For the better. I still don't understand, but will walk with hope in my heart forever.

And with my heart flooding with hope, we begin Pablo's final round of chemo. We are due to check in this afternoon and get going with the chemo sometime in the night. We tend to start late and it has always worked out well for Pablo. Tonight he will receive three chemo drugs: carboplatin, etoposide and cytoxan. The next three nights are the etoposide and cytoxan.

Keeping Thomas and all childhood cancer families in my heart, prayers and meditations - please do the same!

love,
Jo Ann

No comments: