Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yellow Submarine And The Wizard Of / Blizzard of Oz

Pablo's surgery went well today. For those of you who just tuned in, who've just had your service restored, Pablo got a drainage tube put in his side today. There was a large fluid buildup in his abdomen–his kidney was literally leaking into his insides.

A LOT of fluid drained immediately. It's remarkable how much was trapped inside his abdomen. While he was asleep they removed the epidural as well. A loss in the pain management scheme, but it was better removed while P was knocked out. He is in a lot of pain, and getting morphine regularly. He's sitting in his big blue chair watching The Beatles 'Yellow Submarine' on VHS. This probably sounds like a flashback to many of you, I know. Later on, we might watch 'Wizard of Oz' with 'Pink Floyd The Wall' dubbed in as the audio track. I've never done it, but I hear it's amazing. After that, we'll just break down and watch 'The Wiz' with Ozzy Ozbourne 'Blizzard of Oz' dubbed in. That's my brand new idea. I have the Ozzy album on my iTunes. So I'm halfway there. Livin on a prayer.

Jo Ann and I have to go an talk to Dr M now. More later.


No comments: