Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Aladdinsane

Pablo watched watched 'Aladdin.' When it was over, I could tell he was ready to fall out. As the movie played on, I could see his lids getting heavy. It was clear he was forcing himself to stay awake. I kind of love that. Rather than give in to the imposing rule of his body-which had been asleep 90% of the day-Pablo chose to get all Aladdinsane up in here.

As the credits rolled, I asked him if he was ready to go to sleep. He shook his head yes. I gave him a few sips of water and kissed him on the bridge of his nose, the way I used to when he was a wee bambino. He turned his head, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Now I have to decide if I'm gonna watch a movie or try and sleep, study hall style (stitting in chair, leaning forward, forehead on bed) in this aged room. Either way, by the time Jo Ann relieves me in the morning, I'm gonna be Wisconsinsane, ready for some early morning sleep.

No comments: