Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Saturday

We had a great night. Other than Pablo waking me half a dozen times to pee in his little urinal, it was an uneventful night. He woke up for good at 5:30 a.m. Errol Flynn and Olivia deHavilland kept him company with their filmic version of Robin Hood. I caught a few more winks. When RH was over, I woke up ordered us breakfast–liquid for P and chewy stuff for me. When the food trays arrived, I turned on the NASA-strength HEPA fan system in the room. Its purpose is to create a negative pressure in the room, to keep germs inside, away from the hallway. Its secondary purpose is to allow Papa to eat some egg whites and yogurt without the smell of the food hitting P's nostrils. He is violently hungry for REAL FOOD. No amount of orange Popsicles, or total nutrition IV drips can take its place.

Jo Ann and Grady just arrived. I'm off to ride with Joe. See you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its nice to wake up to these words