Monday, August 3, 2009

A Year Ago Today

I often think to look back at what we were doing a year ago—sort of a 'this day in the history of Pablo' kind of thing. This desire to look back is for two reasons. One, Pablo was alive a year ago today, and probably doing something cute or funny or precocious or hilarious. Two, it's hard for me to remember anything right now. Despite the fact that I've written 98% of the Pablog, I often look back through the pages to recall what happened. And in some cases what didn't happen. It's quite helpful. And usually makes me very happy.

So, I've had this 'year ago today' idea for some time. Almost never do it cos we're walking down the street or in a museum when I think of it. But right now I'm resting at the hotel, and finally remembered to do it.

The first post in August 2008 is from August 2—and it contains two videos shot by Polly. One of which is one of our favorite Pablo videos ever. Even though I'm re-posting 'yesterday in the history of Pablo,' I figure you'll let me slide based on the nine hour time difference between Italy and LA.

To go back in time and see watch two cute and precocious and fun Pablo videos, click here.

6 comments:

Alberta Art Classes said...

Thank you for sharing that link. Very, very sweet...

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for sharing the clips. Such a beautiful child. Hugs to you all!!

Heather said...

Loved seeing Pablo.Loved hearing Polly laugh that deep gut laugh that Pablo so easily brought about in people.Thank you for sharing.Needed to hear his one of a kind man voice.Going to visit him this week with Miss Zoey.Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

You are fortunate to be able to "heal" on a luxurious vacation abroad. Not all of us who have lost a child can afford this. Will this ever end?

Jen Berry said...

those are precious.

Anonymous said...

Salve wanderers! My first post, but I have been reading your blog since shortly after Pabangel got his wings. Thank you for the link back to last year - haven't gotten that far back yet. I just wanted to remind you all that we all are still here (the legion created by Pablove) and you are all daily still in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for bringing us along to the continent. Grazie!
Namaste, Maureen