Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Try, Try Again

Pablo and Jo Ann drove Grady to school in La Canada this morning. P was overly excited to drive his big bro. Last night, he came up to me and gave me the entire run down: 'I have to drive Grady to school in the morning, and then me and Mommy are going to Whole Foods. Then we have to go to the hospital so I can get a blood draw.' I get excited about taking G to school, too. It's such a beautiful drive, and his school is so perfectly situated in the hills at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains. Love going up there. That area is one of the things I fell in love with when I moved to LA.

We are hoping that Pablo's platelet count is at 75,000 today. We are hoping he can check into CHLA today, and start chemo tonight. Think all your warm thoughts in that direction. A few minutes ago, the sky above our little section of LA stopped pouring rain and the sun won its battle with the clouds. That's gotta be a good sign.

Will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just sent Jo Ann a email a bit ago.Wondering if it's a go.Sending you good vibes for high platelet counts ... we'll take anything over 75 though.Hope the strawberries and blueberries did the trick.Will check on you guys later.