Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pablo Made Me Smile, Again

Tonight, I needed to smile. I've been writing a lot over the past few days about seeking joy, having fun, learning how to let go. All those things I learned from Pablo. All those things I needed his help to continue pursuing.

I had no idea where my next smile would come from. Then I clicked on the link to Tony Hoffer's photos from Pablo's sixth birthday, on June 21 2009. I did a helluva lot more than smile when I saw these pics. Nothing makes me happier than seeing new photos. Especially photos of Pablo having fun.

Ahhhhhh. Feels so goooood to smile.

Pablo and his super-stretch ape. He loved that little guy.

That smile!

Harry looks on as Pablo shows off his cash money money necklace to Joanna. She and Tony gave him that for his sixth bday.

In this pic, I can only assume Pablo is saying, 'Awwwwwwwww sh**t!'

I swear, if Pablo were sitting next to me right now, I'd bust him out for this APE FACE!

14 comments:

Shawn Vezinaw said...

Those made me smile and more than likely everyone who follows the Pablove!

TonyG said...

Great pics Jeff. Pablo makes me smile too. Love that last pic, looks like Pablo is getting the most out of the stretch ape there.

TonyG

Nancy said...

Sure made me smile and I must confess a tear trickled down my cheek. Oh beautiful child, how you touched so many lives. You are making strides Jeff, I notice them in your updates. One day at a time!

Jen Berry said...

i have to 3rd that... makes me smile. big time. brightened my morning.

Lindsey said...

Hi there, we live in Silverlake and a some close friends of mine (in Santa Barbara) found out their 5 yr. old daughter has a wilms tumor. They performed surgery to remove the tumor and now she is going thru many tests to see what stage the cancer is at. Thank you for your website and sharing your heart. Here's a link to their blog if you want to check it out. Blessings!
http://prayfordaisy.tumblr.com/

Jenny said...

:)

Heather said...

Love that face.Miss that face.Miss you all.Sending you love and cannot wait to see you Jo Ann.And hug you.Soon.

Diane said...

A precious boy indeed. Brought a smile to my face as well. Thank you for sharing.

Monte said...

Jeff,
I hope you know that I noticed that Pablo inherited your same exact mouth and smile. I hope that makes you smile even more.

Tish said...

Pablo's smile is BEAUTIFUL and, I agree, it is certainly contagious... I also fell in-love with that toothless smile he had for a while as well.

Thank you for sharing. Love to the three of you.

Lisa said...

Jeff, the remsemblance between you and Pablo is incredible! those pics are beautiful...that smile made me smile as well. Such a ray of sunshine. I am so glad that Pablo helped you find your smile...you deserve to smile.
Be well,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

we miss him.

xk

Lisa Hickey said...

What a little sweetheart! Definitely brought a smile to me this morning! Thank you for sharing your beautiful boy with us again!

Jules said...

Those pictures are precious!!