Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

I haven't used the PABLOg as a political pulpit (well I
have made a couple Palin remarks), so I won't start today. All I'm gonna say is, by dinner time the two voting-age members of our family will have done their civic duty. And we hope you and yours have done or will do the same. Pablo's cancer treatment has brought all of us face-to-face with true powerlessness. Other than showing up, making the right decisions with the information we have, being of service to one another, hoping and praying, we can't do a damn thing about the biological warfare gong on inside Pablo's body. (Well, that's a a lot, but you know what I mean....)

Standing in line this morning, I was conscious that my vote thus year will do something. I've been waiting four years to make my vote count. What a great feeling.
I was so excited to vote that I got u early and arrived at the poll at 6:40 a.m. I was the seventh person in line at our polling place on Redcliff Avenue. Jo Ann and Grady are voting after school. They have a tradition of going to the polls together. In the net presidential election, Grady will be able to stand in the booth next to his mom and cast a vote. That's INSANE!

A completely nonpartisan request for our California friends: please vote YES on Prop 3, which will make $980M available for childrens' hospitals in our state.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Amen!