Sunday, October 5, 2008

P Dawgie D.O.G.G.

Every day, a small legion of good souls bring their specially-trained dogs to CHLA to spread a little four-legged love to the kids. Our little warrior P Dawg loves him some canines, as you'll see in the pics below....

Dean and I stayed the night. Pablo hit the rack around 9 p.m., and had a great night of uninterrupted sleep, waking only four times, to screeeeeeeeam 'Papa, I have to peeeee!' (Jo Ann had a different fate on Thursday and Friday nights, with bed wetting and all that other stirring I wrote about yesterday.) I slept in bed with P, and Dean slept in the reclining blue chair next to me. Three Castelaz men all in a row. I hadn't even thought about it until now, but the energy created by our alignment was powerful. Even though I didn't get a particularly restful sleep (the nurses are constantly coming in to check on P and his roommate Daniel), I am not tired. I think it's cos I felt safe and secure recreating between these two tatted up tough guyz.

Tonight is the last night of chemo for this stay. One of the oncology Fellows told Jo Ann that we should be out of CHLA around 9 a.m. Monday. That'd be amazing. We have two full weeks off of chemo after tonight. Pablo's body will be resting and recovering during that time. His white blood cell count will plummet over the next five or six days, and will then start to swing back up, with the help of Amgen's amazing WBC booster Neulasta, which will be injected into Pablo's thigh later this week, here at home. (In addition to this great med product, Amgen also brings us the Tour of California bike race. This year's ToC is in February, and will be Lance Armstrong's comeback debut in the US.)

OK, here's the d.o.g.g. pics:

Pablo with Carmela Soprano. If you look closely, you can see her pink tutu...

...this morning, with Haley...

...sometime this weekend, with Bernie...

...standing tall with Razzie the tallest dog of all...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That doggie snorf from Bernie is making Beans jealous.

Jackson said...

To Cool, Love your doggie pic's. I know you can't wait to get home. Sweet dreams little man.
Cheri and Jackson

Anonymous said...

my dog che is in training to be a therapy dog!! he's a 100lb argentine mastiff! so far he loves it.

:)

its strange the way ppl interact with him. even on walks it is not uncommon for people to stop me and start petting him and before you know it we've been there an hour and theyve told me their life story.

hope this finds you well!